Wednesday, October 31, 2007

Prospective buyers should not be coerced into buying a property

I AM writing to highlight what may be the start of a trend that property buyers need to be aware of.

Recently, I wanted to view a newly built showflat near Upper Bukit Timah Road but I was not allowed in.

The reason was that I had to present a signed blank cheque with the intention of booking a unit before I would be admitted into the showflat.

Is such a practice allowed and are there any watchdog organisations that regulate the sale practices of developers or agents assigned to market properties?

Prospective buyers should not be coerced into buying a property costing a million dollars, though this may be a small sum in today’s property market.

Chue Shien (Ms)

Source : Straits Times - 31 Oct 2007

No comments: